Skilled nursing is needed when you or your loved one requires a licensed nurse to manage, observe, or evaluate your care. Bishop’s Glen Healthcare Center provides 24 hour skilled care those requiring short term rehabilitation or long term care. Our nurses are compassionate and well trained, and they truly care about each resident.
Our Healthcare Center offers the following:
- Individual care plans for each resident as prescribed by their personal physician
- Care supervised by well-trained, experienced registered nurses
- Certified by Medicare and Medicaid physical, speech, occupational, respiratory and IV therapy are available when ordered by a physician
- Three delicious, well-balanced meals and snacks provided daily.
- Social, physical and mentally stimulating activities are provided daily
- Private and semi-private rooms are available
To ensure each resident receives the care they need, we provide:
- IV therapy
- Dementia care
- Wound care
- Respite stays
- Enteral feeding program
- Catheter care
- Colostomy Care
- Ileostomy Care
- Nutrition & hydration programs
- Medication management & education
- Diabetic management & education
- Restorative nursing
- Pain management
- Hospice program
- Bowel & bladder programs
- Psychologist Services
- On staff registered dietitian
- On-site dental care
- Podiatrist on staff
- Wound care physician on staff
- Laboratory testing and X-rays
- Transportation services
Our social services team seeks to help each resident attain their highest practicable physical, mental, emotional, and psychosocial health. We are aware of the worth and uniqueness of each individual, and we treat each resident with respect.
Our social services team creates an atmosphere of growth for our residents, and we spend a great deal of time working with both residents and their families in difficult transitional periods.
We also foster a supportive environment with the residents. We do this through ensuring each resident has adequate decision making opportunities, providing tours for potential residents and families, assessing psychosocial health, and guiding each care plan.
Our nurses work with residents to take control of their diabetes. They help monitor blood glucose levels, administer and track insulin, plan menus, and provide education. Our hope is that our residents will leave us with better control over their diabetes care.
Our registered dietician designs our dietary program with the residents in mind. We follow physician orders to meet the needs of each resident, while making sure the meals are enjoyable and full of flavor. We also administer oral supplements, as prescribed by physicians, and provide regular nutritional assessments by our on-site registered dietician.