Coronavirus Information and Precautions
We are currently creating plans to thoughtfully and carefully begin the process of getting to a post COVID-19 “normal”.
This process is anything but easy. While some states may be reopening businesses, schools, and recreational opportunities based upon geography, community spread, and trends, multi-level retirement communities like ours (with Independent Living, Licensed Personal Care and Memory Care), will have a different reopening schedule because we care for older adults who are most vulnerable to COVID-19.
Throughout this process we will continue to follow and maintain compliance with all CDC guidelines as well as mandates for all state and local departments, including the local public health departments, while balancing resident social engagement with quality of life. The health, well-being of our residents and staff remain our top priority.
- Meals – We continue to deliver meals to the resident apartments. A menu is available weekly for the residents to order from.
- Activities – Small group activities with the residents continue, and we ask the residents to wear a mask and maintain social distancing. The Activity schedule is provided weekly and announced in the residents Daily Newsletter.
- Visitors – We are encouraging residents to have outside visits with family members. Everyone must wear a mask and maintain social distancing. We have seating areas for our visitors at each entrance and in our dog park. We welcome parades around the community by family members to celebrate birthdays and other important milestones!
- FaceTime visits are always available – please call Activities at (314) 565-9755 if you would like a FaceTime visit with your loved one.
- Tours – Virtual tours are available. Please call (314) 838-3877 to get more information and on our community and to arrange a virtual tour.
For Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing: Per new CMS guidelines, we will now restrict all visitors to our Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing communities except in certain circumstances, such as end-of-life situations. Please contact us if you have questions.
The health and well-being of our residents, family members, and staff is of the utmost importance to us. For this reason, we are closely monitoring coronavirus (COVID-19) spread and following the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). In addition to our prevention measures, we are also actively preparing our communities to provide care and support for our residents and team members for an extended period of time should a quarantine become necessary.
Many standard infection control and safety protocols are already in place as a part of our standard flu prevention plan. However, because of the risks associated with COVID-19, we are proceeding with an abundance of caution to protect our communities.
Links to CDC resource pages:
- 2019 Novel Coronavirus Situation Summary
- What you need to know about 2019 Novel Coronavirus Fact Sheet
- What to do if you are sick with 2019 Novel Coronavirus Fact Sheet
- Prevention & Treatment
Link to state health department page: